CIUS recognizes and informs donors in a number of ways:
- The names of donors who establish endowment funds (or in whose memory they were established) at CIUS are honoured through the names of these funds and acknowledged in CIUS publications.
- The names of all those who donate in a current year are published in our annual newsletter.
- The names of donors or organizations who give $25,000 or more are posted on the donor board in the CIUS main office in Edmonton and are mentioned on our website.
- Donor profiles are presented through stories in our newsletter, especially in the Donor profile section.
- Donors are acknowledged in the awarding of grants and scholarships and in support of academic projects and publications.
- Greeting cards are sent to donors on appropriate occasions.
- Donations can be made in order to honour the memory of those departed. Their names will appear in the “In Memoriam” list.
- Donors who have given $10,000 or more to any one fund in a lifetime, receive endowment fund reports from the University of Alberta annually.
- Donors who leave their bequest, life insurance, and trusts may become members of the Quaecumque Vera Honour Society at the University of Alberta. Membership entitles the donor to an annual lunch with the Chair of the Board of Governors, invitations to campus events, issues of New Trail and Folio, access to the Library, and the opportunity to purchase a Faculty Club membership.