|This parish is notable for two main reasons: it has the only fieldstone church in the entire settlement area and it is one of the earliest Ukrainian Orthodox parishes in Canada. Established in 1917, Sts. Peter and Paul predates the actual official founding of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in this country. The parish was actually a breakaway congregation from the Russo-Orthodox one at Szypenitz, some three miles to the northeast.
It is not surprising that fieldstone was chosen as the primary construction material at Sts. Peter and Paul. As the second church of the Russo-Orthodox parish at Szypenitz had burnt down shortly after it was built, it was decided that the new building would not be subjected to such risks. John Shandro and Herbert Lefe were the stonemasons, while Nick Hrehirchuk added the the roof and the well-known church builder, Harry Osiecki, constructed the four relatively small domes. The church has a basilican plan shape with a rounded or apsidal wall on the sanctuary end, producing an elongated "D"-shaped structure. This is one of the few buildings on the tour with no storm porch.
Reverend Soroka from New York performed the first liturgical service at the church on 12 July 1917. A cemetery and wooden belltower stand adjacent to the structure.
View of iconostasis