|The Church of the Transfiguration was built in 1913. It is an early cruciform church with a large central dome on an octagonal base, round-headed windows, and other features common to Ukrainian Canadian churches.
Historically, the Transfiguration Church and parish are particularly significant. Not only was this the first Ukrainian parish in Canada (having been founded by, among others, Ivan Pylypow, one of the two original Ukrainian settlers in Canada), but the present church is also located immediately north of the section of land that welcomed the first Ukrainian homesteads. Established in 1897 by Reverend Nestor Dmytriv, this parish was originally Ukrainian Catholic. Early in the century's first years, however, part of the congregation decided to convert to the Russo-Orthodox faith. Since there was no precedent as to which group should retain trusteeship of the existing church property (a church had been built in 1898), the case went to court and was eventually settled by Canada's highest legal authority at the time, the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council in London, England. The Privy Council ruled in favour of the splinter Russo-Orthodox congregation, stating that those who wished to remain Ukrainian Catholic should receive a proportionate amount of compensation based on the current value of the parish property.
The Church of the Transfiguration has been extremely well-maintained over the years. The interior contains an ornate, three-tiered iconostasis. The pews are a relatively recent addition.
The pioneer Ivan Pylypow is buried in the adjacent cemetery. The wooden belltower and parish hall are located several hundred metres to the west of the church.