The final church on the tour is an interesting cruciform structure, the history of which reveals much about trends in Ukrainian religion and architecture throughout the rest of the settlement area. Like many churches on the tour, St. Demetrius is the second church on its site. It was built from 1939 to 1941 by contractor George Doskoch to replace a log church that had been constructed in 1904. Doskoch made lumber for the new church from some of the logs used in the original one.
The parish was originally Ukrainian Catholic and was served by the Basilian fathers from Mundare until 1923. Religious differences developed in the Jaroslaw community and in 1925 the parish was reorganized as the Ukrainian Orthodox Parish of St. Demetrius the Martyr. As a result, a new Ukrainian Catholic parish was established at Jaroslaw, which eventually built the Holy Spirit Church that stands across the road to the northeast of St. Demetrius'.
Inside, St. Demetrius' intimate beauty emanates from its stark simplicity. The walls are adorned with hung icons while the two-tiered iconostasis was painted by Vadym Dobrolizh in 1959. Ukrainian embroidery work also accentuates many of the church artifacts.
The first Ukrainian Orthodox priest to serve the parish was Reverend Dmytro Seneta. North of the church, there is a cemetery that serves both the Ukrainian Orthodox and the Ukrainian Catholic communities at Jaroslaw.