This structure, which was built in 1934, has obvious similarities to the first three churches visited, specifically in its plan shape and the twin towers on its facade. An interesting difference is that the towers have round-headed windows on two of their four sides. Like the others, St. John's has a storm porch, though here it is proportionately larger in relation to the rest of the structure. Most churches in the settlement area, even those that were the parish's second, were originally built without such porches. However, it was not long until the extra overclothing demands of the harsh prairie winters necessitated the building of these additions in one form or another. This is a good example of how particular Canadian conditions changed certain aspects of traditional Ukrainian architecture and gave rise to what can genuinely be called a Ukrainian Canadian style.
St. John's parish was formed in 1920, very soon after the Ukrainian Orthodox Church had been founded in Canada. The first priest there was Reverend Dmytro Stratychuk. Services in the Sachava community were originally held in the old St. Michael's church, across the road from the present St. John's site. Soon afterward, a difference of opinion among thecongregation arose when several of the parishioners decided that they wanted to join the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, and formed the present St. John's parish. Though no longer the original structure, St. Michael Russo-Orthodox Church still stands across the road from St. John's.
Both churches have adjacent cemeteries.