Bin Han's Research Webpage
Time--scale-frequency Analysis: wavelets, framelets, Gabor frames,
Application of wavelets and framelets to signal denoising and image
Multiresolution and wavelets in computer graphics and CAGD.
Biorthogonal wavelets in general domains and their applications to
ODEs and PDEs.
- Sampling theory and sigma-delta modulation.
- Learning theory and its applications
- Any interesting pure and applied
- NSERC Research Grant, April 2009---March 2014.
- NSERC Research Grant, April 2004---March 2009.
Canada Fundation for Innovation (CFI) infrastructure fund (with
Michael Li and Samuel Shen) to establish an Information Research Laboratory.
NSERC Research Grant, April 2000---March 2004.
University of Alberta start-up fund, July 2000--April 2002.
- Xiaosheng Zhuang, Ph.D. candidate in mathematics, September 2005--present.
Ph.D. in mathematics, September 2001 -- July 2006.
Co-supervised with Professor Robert Moody at
the Department of Mathematics, University of Victoria.
Diffraction and its Relationship to Dynamical Systems.
Mengzhe Wang, Ph.D. candidate in mathematics, December 2003 -- January 2005.
Robert Liao, M.Sc. in applied mathematics, January 2003 -- June 2004.
M.Sc. Thesis: New interplatory subdivision schemes in computer graphics, 2004.
- Stephen Wasylishen, NSERC summer undergraduate student, April 2003--August 2003.
Ph.D. in mathematics, November 2000 -- August 2003.
Compactly supported symemtric MRA wavelet frames, 2003.
Currently, an associate professor at Department of Mathematics, Zhejiang University, China.
Paul Shelley, M.Sc. in computing
sciences, December 2000 -- August 2001.
Co-supervised with Professor
Xiaobo Li at
the Department of Computing Sciences.
MSc Thesis: New techniques in wavelet image compression, 2001.
- Dr. Soon Geol Kwon, Visiting professor from Korea,
February 2004--February 2005.
Dr. Sang Soo Park, KOSEF postdoctoral fellow, October 2003 -- September 2004.
Dr. Wen Chen,
PIMS postdoctoral fellow, September 2001 -- August 2003.
Professor Rong-Qing Jia.
Currently, a full professor at Department of Electronical Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China.
- 13th International Conference on Approximation Theory, San Antonio, Texas, USA, March 7--10, 2010.
- Workshop on Optimal Frames and Operator Algebras, San Francisco, January 17-19, 2010.
The International Conference: Wavelets and Applications, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, June 14-20, 2009.