International Employment Opportunities
is the Australian Library and Information Association's job search page.
- ARMA Internationalís Career Placement Services is a job posting site maintained by the Association of Records Managers and Administrators, Inc. for jobs in Canada and the United States.
- Aslib Professional Recruitment is
an agency that recruits and supplies permanent and temporary staff for Library and Information Departments throughout the UK.
LIANZA, Library and Information Association
New Zealand Aotearoa offers job positions in New Zealand libraries and information services.
- NISS Information Gateway is hosted by the National Information
Services and Systems in the UK and offers academic job vacancies & research opportunities for the UK academic community.
- Singapore Job Market provides
links to various job resources in Singapore, including job listings, job
agencies, and other related information.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact the Temporary Webmaster
- Dr. Julien provided the following information on March 1, 2005. She received it from
a former student who has been working in the UK for the last couple of years:
"In terms of finding jobs in the UK, . . . the essential thing is either that
the graduates have UK ancestry (English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish)
and/or can get a UK company to acquire a UK Work Permit for them. Depending on the position, this might be a real possibility. The
Ancestry Visa is good for four years and after that time you basically apply to be a permanent resident.
The Work Permit, . . . works differently. One thing is that the UK still falls behind
North America in terms of ICT [Information and Communication Technology] skills and so graduates who can show good ICT skills
are highly valued, and, hence, it might be easier to swing a Work Permit."