MSc student, Statistical Machine Learning (SML) specialization
Department of Computing Science
University of Alberta
Supervisor: Csaba Szepesvári
Contact: rkiros [at] ualberta [dot] ca
In September 2013, I will be starting my PhD at the University of Toronto.
Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing
BSc Mathematics, Dalhousie University, 2011. Supervisors: Vlado Keselj and Evangelos Milios
- Multimodal Neural Language Models
Ryan Kiros, Ruslan Salakhutdinov and Richard Zemel. NIPS Deep Learning Workshop, 2013.
- Automatic Lung Vessel Segmentation via Stacked Multiscale Feature Learning
Ryan Kiros, Karteek Popuri, Matthew Low, Dana Cobzas and Martin Jagersand. Technical Report, 2013.
[pdf, code] (1st place, VESSEL12 grand challenge)
- Learning Deep Representations, Embeddings and Codes from the Pixel Level of Natural and Medical Images
Ryan Kiros. Master's thesis, 2013.
- Training Neural Networks with Stochastic Hessian-Free Optimization
Ryan Kiros. ICLR, 2013.
[pdf , code]
- Deep Representations and Codes for Image Auto-Annotation
Ryan Kiros and Csaba Szepesvári. NIPS, 2012.
[pdf , supplementary , code
(includes binary features for IAPR TC-12 and ESP-Game)]
- On Linear Embeddings and Unsupervised Feature Learning
Ryan Kiros and Csaba Szepesvári. ICML Representation Learning Workshop, 2012. (Oral)
[pdf , code]
- Regularizers Versus Losses for Nonlinear Dimensionality Reduction
Yaoliang Yu, James Neufeld, Ryan Kiros, Xinhua Zhang and Dale Schuurmans. ICML, 2012.
[pdf , supplementary]
- Representation Learning for Sparse, High Dimensional Multi-Label Classification
Ryan Kiros, Axel J. Soto, Evangelos Milios and Vlado Keselj. RSCTC, 2012.