Final Paper Submission
If your paper has been accepted by ROBIO 2012, congratulations! Please read reviewers' comments and the instructions below carefully in the preparation of your paper for final submission to ROBIO 2012, before October 15, 2012. As we indicated in the acceptance email, please note that we need from you the following four (4) items in the final submission:
- Your manuscript in PDF
- Confirmation email from IEEE PDF eXpress of your file's Xplore compliance,
- The completed IEEE copyright form, and
- A one-page PPT slide for your paper in Conference Digest using this template.
You also have the option to attach a video clip to your accepted paper. The video clip must be in mpeg format and its size should be less than 5MB. Please note, however, that this video clip will only appear in conference proceedings but will NOT be submitted to IEEE for publication. How each of four required items should be prepared is explained below in detail. Once the four items above have been prepared, please visit https://www.softconf.com/d/robio2012/ after October 2, and login with your passcode for the actual final submission.
IEEE Xplore Compliance
For your paper to be included in ROBIO 2012 Proceedings, its PDF file must be IEEE Xplore compliant. You should login to IEEE PDF eXpress using the conference ID, robio2012xp, to check for this. After your paper passes the compliance test, a confirmation email will be sent to you. You must submit this email as one of the items in the final submission. For general instructions on how to use PDF eXpress, refer to this instruction page.
IEEE Copyright Form
Authors of an accepted ROBIO paper must submit an IEEE copyright form before the paper can be published in ROBIO 2012 Proceedings. ROBIO 2012 has registered to use the new IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) service. IEEE Electronic Copyright form can be accessed by the following steps:
- Login the Final Paper Submission site with your paper passcode listed in your acceptance letter.
- Click the link marked "Please Click here to submit IEEE Copyright information". You are then directed to the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form website.
- Make sure that the listed paper information is correct and click the Next button.
- You are then in the "IEEE Copyright Form Wizard" page. Answer the questions listed by clicking Yes/No button and the wizard will guide to the appropriate version of the IEEE Copyright Form. Click the Next button to get the next question.
- After the wizard completes the task, you will be directed to a filled IEEE Copyright Form. Read the form carefully and make sure that the information listed in the form is correct.
- Sign the form by typing your name at the bottom of the form and click the Submit button.
- Click the Download button to download the signed copyright form (in PDF).
- Click on the Return button and go back to the paper submission site for camera-ready paper upload.
- Remember to upload the signed copyright form (in PDF) as one of the items in the final submission.
- You will also receive an email from IEEE Electronic Copyright Service with the signed copyright form (in PDF format) as attachment.
General Paper Formatting Guidelines
All ROBIO 2012 papers must be prepared in English. Six pages in the standard IEEE conference two-column format (see specific instructions below) are allowed for each paper, including figures and tables. A maximum of two additional pages are permitted at an extra charge payable at the time of submitting the final version of the paper.
Double check that the names of all authors and their order is identical in the submission system and the paper. Please write names with only the first letter capitalized, i.e., use "Firstname Lastname" in all instances, and do not use "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME".
Paper TemplatesThe following templates must be used in formatting your paper (see sample.pdf for the layout of the document and useful tips):
- For LaTeX: LaTeX style file, ieeeconf.cls, and a LaTeX sample document, sample.tex, are available. The best way to produce a conformant pdf file is to use these command lines:
- latex sample (run twice to resolve bibliography references)
- dvips -Ppdf -R0 -tletter sample
- ps2pdf -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dMAxSubsetPct=100 -dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true -sPAPERSIZE=letter sample.ps
- For MS-Word: MS Word template, ieeeconf_letter.dot is available.
Papers that are formatted inproperly according to the instructions above may result in their rejection.
If you have questions regarding the final contribution preparation and submission process please contact the ROBIO 2012 Publication Chairs.
Zhidong Wang, Chiba Institute of Technology, Japan
Lizhen Wang, Yunnan University, China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com