This church is the result of the Privy Council's decision to award trusteeship of the first Ukrainian Canadian parish to the splinter Russo-Orthodox congregation at Star-Edna. After the court's decision, the Ukrainian Catholics took the resources they were awarded as compensation and built their own new church in 1911. It burned down eleven years later, after which the present church was built by L. Chekhnita in 1926.
Structurally, this church is very similar to its counterpart at Star-Edna. However, its narthex was elongated in later years in lieu of a separate enclosed storm porch, an alteration that is evident in the slightly different stucco pattern on the exterior of the addition.
The interior of the church was painted by Peter Lipinski in 1930. Note Lipinski's skilfully-painted wall motifs, including the imitation stonework, "marbellized" columns, and the embroidery-inspired motif which runs along the upper portions of the walls. On the south interior elevation hangs a cross and several icons, the only artifacts saved when the parish's second church burned down in 1922.
Outside, there is a cemetery, a commemorative plaque, a parish hall, and a beautifully-crafted split fieldstone belltower.