English Language School

Other Housing Options

University of Alberta Housing

Residence Services operates several student housing facilities either on or near the University campus.

Lister Centre

This large complex is located on campus near the Van Vliet Centre. It has furnished study bedrooms for one or two people, and a daily meal plan included in rental costs.

Housing Union Building (HUB)

HUB has bachelor, one, two and four bedroom unfurnished apartments. Residents will need to purchase any furnishings that they require, including a bed and desk, if choosing this residence. It is centrally located on campus and has a laundry facility, a computer room and an exercise room. The building is connected to many restaurants and shops.

If you wish to apply for on-campus housing, you should contact Residence Services directly at housing@ualberta.ca at least two months in advance. You will need a copy of your Letter of Acceptance to the English Language School as part of your application.

Please be aware that ELS students do not have priority for Campus Residence.