Nomination Details

The nomination from your home institution must include:

  1. Your full name as it appears on your passport,
  2. Your level of studies (undergraduate or graduate)
  3. Your field of studies at your home institution
  4. Your intended area(s) of study while on exchange at UAlberta
  5. The requested duration of your exchange (Fall Term, Winter Term, or Academic Year)
  6. An email address at which you can be contacted

If your nomination is accepted and you have a documented disability affecting mobility, vision, hearing, learning and/or physical or mental health, then you will need to register with our Accessibility Resources Office as soon possible.

  • As part of your registration, be sure to identify yourself as an international student who is currently applying for an exchange experience at UAlberta.
  • Personnel from Accessibility Resources will arrange an online Skype conversation with you to assess the functional impact of your disability. As part of the conversation, you may be asked to provide a description (in English) of the disability from any disability services office at your institution or a medical professional who may currently be assisting you.

We encourage exchange students to utilize the accommodations for success that the UAlberta recommends and can offer once your assessment is complete

Application and Documents

  • Undergraduate application and document requirements are described in our University of Alberta UNDERGRADUATE Incoming Exchange Application Guide document
  • The information in the rest of this section is applicable only to graduate students
  • Your home institution must courier hard copies of all of your application documents to UAlberta. Test results sent directly from the external testing organization will not be accepted.
  • Please send all required documents together at one time only - please wait until you have all required documents prepared before sending your application.
  • Whenever you are asked to provide your name on any exchange application documents, please be sure to provide your full name as it appears in your passport.
  • Official records must contain an official seal or signature and be in English.
  • Submit official records of all post-secondary work, both previous and current.

Proof of English Proficiency Documents

  • If you are submitting official English Proficiency test results, such as IELTS or TOEFL, please note that the results must be sent to your home institution prior to being sent to UAlberta.
  • Your test results must then be stamped with the official university seal of your home institution and then couriered to UAlberta along with the rest of your application documents.
  • Test results used to demonstrate English language proficiency must not be more than two years old at the time of application.