Thank you for your interest in volunteering with On Campus! Volunteers are the lifeblood of our program and help to foster inclusion in the most natural way possible.
Volunteering can take many forms, including:
- Sitting next to the student in class and making them feel welcome.
- Including the student in group work activities.
- Stopping by the On Campus office to allow us to photocopy your notes.
- Calling or emailing the office to inform us of pertinent information shared in the class (i.e. class cancellations, field trip announcements, changes to deadlines, important classroom announcements, etc.)
- Meeting with the student outside of class to study or complete projects.
- Meet with the student for coffee/lunch or other social activities.
- Being a point of contact for On Campus staff to ask questions and receive feedback about the student’s classroom involvement/experience.
Your level of involvement is completely up to you, and even just allowing our students to put a name to your friendly face makes the classroom more inclusive and welcoming. We appreciate it when multiple students volunteer as it allows us to have multiple sources for note sharing as well as multiple contacts for questions and feedback.