Thank you for your interest. Applications for this program open on July 24, 2019 for the Summer 2020 program and will be accepted through September 18, 2019.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Please review the eligibility criteria and important dates before starting an application.
- You can review the available research projects on our website. Please filter by the program type 'China Scholarship Council'.
- To apply for a project, you can access the application system HERE (click on the "CSC Program" button in the top right-hand corner of the page, then click "No" to the pop-up message)
- On the 'Search Programs' website page, look at the Results section. Click on the hyperlinked research project title (under “Program Info) to review project details. The project title will start with (CSC 2020) in front of the research project name to indicate it is specifically for CSC applicants to apply to.
- Register to apply for CSC by clicking on the “Incoming Student Registration” button at the bottom of the description page of the project you are interested in applying to. Do not click on the “I need to register for an account” link located in the top-right of the page.
- You will be prompted to provide your personal information and create an account password.
- After your account is created you will log into the system using your new account information and complete the application. In the application you must provide a Cover Letter, Resume, Transcripts and TWO (2) References. All of these items must be included with your complete application by the deadline in order to be considered. Please remember to numerically indicate your project preference/ranking in the application forms (1 being your top preference, 2 being your second preference, etc.).
- Click on the “Submit Your Application” button. The system will confirm that your application has been submitted. After your application has been submitted you will be able to check on whether the referees you designated have provided their references. Only COMPLETE applications with TWO (2) references submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
- You may apply for as many projects are you are interested in and qualified for (please be sure to review the desired Academic Backgrounds, which are stated with the research project details).
- Should you be selected for an internship, any other steps regarding your application will be communicated to you BY EMAIL outside of the Horizons Symplicity application system. Please be sure that the primary email address you've entered in the system is spelled correctly and checked frequently.
You may apply for as many projects as you are interested in. Please remember to indicate your project preference in each application you submit. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Only students selected for an internship will be contacted.