Thank you for your interest. Applications for the Summer 2020 program will be accepted through September 18, 2019.
Please follow these steps to apply:
- Please review the eligibility criteria and important dates before starting an application.
- You can review the available research projects on our website. Please filter by the program type 'China Scholarship Council'. Alternately, if this webpage is having trouble loading, you can search through the projects in Horizons, our application database (next step).
- To apply for a project, you can access the application system HERE (click on the "CSC Program" button in the top right-hand corner of the page, then click "No" to the pop-up message)
- On the 'Search Programs' website page, look at the Results section. Click on the hyperlinked research project title (under “Program Info) to review project details. The project title will start with (CSC 2020) in front of the research project name to indicate it is specifically for CSC applicants to apply to. There are currently UARE Summer 2020 projects open for applications as well, so please choose carefully.
- You may apply for as many projects are you are interested in and qualified for. Please be sure to review the Academic Backgrounds section of the project listing for the qualifications that the host professor is looking for.
- Register to apply for CSC by clicking on the “Incoming Student Registration” button at the bottom of the description page of the project you are interested in applying to. Do not click on the “I need to register for an account” link located in the top-right of the page.
- You will be prompted to provide your personal information and create an account password.
- After your account is created you will log into the system using your new account information and complete the application. In the application you must provide a Cover Letter, Resume, Academic Transcripts, and contact information for TWO (2) References. If you are applying to more than one project, please remember to numerically indicate your project preference/ranking in ALL of the application forms (1 being your top preference, 2 being your second preference, etc.).
- Click on the “Submit Your Application” button. The system will confirm that your application has been submitted. After your application has been submitted you will be able to check on whether the referees you gave contact information for have provided their references. Only COMPLETE applications with TWO (2) references submitted by the published deadline will be considered.
- Should you be selected for an internship, any other steps regarding your application will be communicated to you BY EMAIL outside of the Horizons Symplicity application system. Please be sure that the primary email address you've entered in the system is spelled correctly and checked frequently.
Please remember to indicate your project preference(s) in each application you submit. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only students selected for an internship will be contacted. Please review the Important Dates for a timeline of when results will be released.