Professors interested in hosting an intern through the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) Program should visit the program website to find out more detailed information about how to submit a research project.
As per Mitacs, "Professor project proposals are due June 5, 2019, by 1 p.m. PT, for 2020 Globalink Research Internships."
Please be aware that there are seven different MITACS Globalink initiatives, including inbound and outbound programs. Should you have any questions regarding placements or the matching process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as this is overseen by Mitacs.
UAlberta International Support for Interns
University of Alberta International provides the following support services to interns participating in the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) Program:
- Registration with the Academic Visitor Office
- An hour-long check-in/orientation session
- A 3 hour Welcome Session with other new research interns which includes a guided campus tour
- Ongoing advising while at the University of Alberta
- Professional development seminars
- Academic networking opportunities
- An opportunity to present their research during a poster symposium
- Recognition of their contributions with a certificate of participation
Each intern also has the option to participate in weekly social programming and other cultural events, as well as planned trips to the Rocky Mountains.