Professors interested in hosting an intern through the MITACS Globalink Internship Program should visit the program website to find out more detailed information about how to submit a research project.
The deadline to submit a project for internships starting in May 2019 was June 2018.
The upcoming deadline to submit a project for internships starting in May 2020 will be June 2019. Please check back for an exact deadline closer to this date.
UAlberta International Support for Interns
University of Alberta International provides the following support services to interns participating in the Mitacs Globalinks Internship Program:
- Assistance with preparing immigration documents
- Registration with the Academic Visitor’s Office
- A one-on-one orientation
- Ongoing advising while at the University
- Professional development seminars
- Academic networking opportunities
- An opportunity to present their research during a poster symposium
Each intern also has the option to participate in weekly social programming and other cultural events, as well as planned trips to the Rocky Mountains.