Please note that this information is pulled from the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship website and the source of truth can be found here, should there be any changes to dates or information: https://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/globalink/globalink-research-internship
- April to June 2019: Professors submit research projects to Mitacs. All accepted projects are made available to student applicants in an online database. Professor project proposals are due June 5, 2019, by 1 p.m. PT, for 2020 Globalink Research Internships.
- July to September 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM Pacific Time: International students submit applications and select research projects from the online database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility review of student applications
- October to December 2019: Mitacs provides professors with proposed student candidates for their project. Mitacs collects students and professor rankings, then finalizes offers to students. Final results are announced in January.
- January to April 2020: Successful students start working with their Canadian host professors to arrange pre-internship details (e.g., reading to be completed beforehand) while Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.
- May to October 2020: Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their research project.