In order to be considered for the VSCP, you must:
Be registered in a degree program at a university outside of Canada.
Have permission from your university to participate in the VSCP.
Speak a language other than English as your primary language.
(For example: TOEFL score below 90 iBT OR IELTS score below 6.5 OR no English language proficiency test score)
Apply for the VSCP
How to Apply for the VSCP
First - Prepare for Your Application
1) Consult the Program Information (Schedules, Dates & Fees) for the VSCP
2) Ensure you understand which academic courses are available for VSCP students
3) Access the VSCP online application guide and follow along as you apply
Next - Submit Your Application Online
After we receive your online application, your application will be reviewed for eligibility. You will be contacted by a VSCP advisor within 2 weeks with your application results.
After You Apply
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will receive an email from a VSCP coordinator with further instructions. You will also be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Participation consent form (PDF) signed by your home university
- Official university transcript in English
- One letter of support from a professor or university official at your university
- (OPTIONAL) Official English language proficiency test score document (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL)
You must also complete and submit the following Google Form within 2 weeks of completing your online application:
IMPORTANT: Do not apply for Campus Residence until you have received an email with Campus Residence application instructions from a VSCP coordinator.
Once you have collected all of your supporting documents, mail everything to:
University of Alberta International
142 Telus Centre
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada