In order to be considered for the VSCP, you must:
Be registered in a degree program at a university outside of Canada.
Have permission from your university to participate in the VSCP.
Speak a language other than English as your primary language.
(For example: TOEFL score below 90 iBT OR IELTS score below 6.5 OR no English language proficiency test score)
Apply for the VSCP
How to Apply for the VSCP
First - Prepare for Your Application
1) Consult the Dates, Fees, and Deadlines for the VSCP
2) Ensure you understand which academic courses are available for VSCP students
3) Access the VSCP online application guide and follow along as you apply
Next - Submit Your Application Online
After we receive your online application, your application will be reviewed for eligibility. You will be contacted by a VSCP advisor within 2 weeks with your application results.
After You Apply
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will receive an email from a VSCP coordinator with further instructions. You will also be required to submit the following supporting documents:
- Participation consent form (PDF) signed by your home university
- Official university transcript in English
- One letter of support from a professor or university official at your university
- VSCP Academic Study Plan (requires @ualberta.ca email login)
- VSCP Housing Plan (requires @ualberta.ca email login)
- (OPTIONAL) Official English language proficiency test score document (e.g. IELTS or TOEFL)
IMPORTANT: Do not apply for Campus Residence until you have received an email with Campus Residence application instructions from a VSCP coordinator.
Once you have collected all of your supporting documents, mail everything to:
University of Alberta International
142 Telus Centre
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada