What to Bring

Finances for the First Month

Students should have a valid Mastercard or Visa credit card in their own name and should have between $1000 to $1500 available to cover costs for their first month in Edmonton (for furniture, household goods, food, cell phone, etc.). Students have the option to open a Canadian bank account after they arrive in Edmonton. Information will be provided during the VSCP orientation or can be found here in eClass.

Home University Academic Documents

Students are encouraged to bring course outlines in English for courses taken at their home university to present as proof of prerequisites for subjects that they hope to study in Canada as well as an official, current transcript issued by their home university.

Personal Medical Information

Students should bring information and medicines from their doctor in English about existing medical conditions which may require treatment in Canada. You should also bring your records of immunization.

For more information about clothing, computers and electronics, and other general information for International Students, see the International Student Services "What to Bring."