IB Scholarships recognize outstanding academic achievement by IB students. This scholarship is awarded to those applicants to the University of Alberta who have achieved one of the top 25 scores on a minimum of 5 or more full-year IB courses. Up to 25 of these scholarships are available each year.
- Achieve one of the top 25 IB final scores among University of Alberta applicants (based on five or more full-year or equivalent courses)
- Be entering the first year of full-time studies in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta in September of the upcoming year, in one of the following ways:
- Directly from high school with fewer than 24 IB, AP, or A-level credits
- Directly from high school with fewer than 12 credits of university course work taken during high school through Open Studies or a similar program at another accredited post-secondary institution
- Following time taken off between high school and university, provided that no post-secondary credit was received during that time
How to apply
Automatic consideration — you will be evaluated for this scholarship when you apply for admission.
IB Transcripts must be received by the Registrar's Office by August 1.
To be considered for an IB Diploma Scholarship, students must supply the Registrar's Office with a transcript of their final IB Diploma grades before August 1.
Students who are considered for the IB Diploma Scholarship will also have their IB Diploma final scores applied to their admission average for reconsideration of Academic Excellence.
Notification and acceptance
We notify successful applicants of the competition results in early September. If you are offered this award, the My Awards section of Bear Tracks will be updated and you will receive an email notification.
To find out more about how to accept and receive your award, please see Information for Award Recipients.