Value: $45,000 payable over 4 years
This scholarship is awarded to a student on a study permit who has superior academic achievement entering any year of an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta. Selection is based on academic standing and self-declared financial need. Recipients must hold Chinese or Hong Kong citizenship.
International students outside of Canada: see International awards»
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an admission average of ~90% or above
- Be entering the first year of full-time studies in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta in September of the upcoming year, in one of the following ways:
- Directly from high school with fewer than 24 IB, AP, or A-level credits
- Directly from high school with fewer than 12 credits of university course work taken during high school through Open Studies or a similar program at another accredited post-secondary institution
- Following time taken off between high school and university, provided that no post-secondary credit was received during that time
Receipt of funding for the second, third, and fourth years is contingent upon achieving a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a full normal course load at the University of Alberta each year.
How to apply
Apply for Awards
In order to apply for scholarships and awards, you must first apply for admission»
Once you have applied for admission, you can apply for this award online: