Value: up to $50,000
Scholastic Distinction Scholarships are among the most valuable and prestigious entrance scholarships awarded by the University of Alberta, recognizing the top academic students from across Canada and around the world. Approximately 60 Entrance Scholastic Distinction Scholarships are available each year. A version of this award is also available for transfer applicants.
Opening application date: October 1, 2017
Deadline to apply: December 18, 2017
Candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an admission average of ~95% or above
- Be entering the first year of full-time studies in an undergraduate degree program at the University of Alberta in September of the upcoming year, in one of the following ways:
- Directly from high school with fewer than 24 IB, AP, or A-level credits
- Directly from high school with fewer than 12 credits of university course work taken during high school through Open Studies or a similar program at another accredited post-secondary institution
- Following time taken off between high school and university, provided that no post-secondary credit was received during that time
For more details see the application form.
How to apply
Apply for Awards
In order to apply for scholarships and awards, you must first apply for admission»
For application-based awards administered by the Office of the Registrar, you can apply online:
Notification and acceptance
Applicants will be notified in March. If you are offered this award, the My Awards section of Bear Tracks will be updated and you will receive an email notification.
To find out more about how to accept and receive your award, please see Information for Award Recipients.
About this award
Scholastic Distinction Scholarships are funded by the University of Alberta, our faculties, and our donors. As an applicant, you only need to apply to the scholarship competition; you will then be assessed for your eligibility for individual awards. Should you receive an offer, the specific awards you receive will be posted in Bear Tracks.
View the list of individual awards that make up the funding for this scholarship»