Payment Schedule and Refund Policies for January – April 2019 are as follows using the Semester Fees as an example:
- Payment #1 - SAFS Ground Fee = $3,510
- 50% = $1,755 is due upon acceptance, which secures a place in the program as well as accommodation and vehicle space in Southern Africa
- The remainder, 50% = $1,755, is given as a post-dated cheque (due March 15, 2019 for Spring/Summer 2019).
- Ground Fee will be collected by Program Coordinator and Department of Biological Sciences
- Refund Policy: 50% of the Ground Fee = $1,755 is refundable up to the time of Payment #2 – SAFS Program Fees
- Payment #2 - SAFS Program Fee = $5,000
- Due March 15, 2019 for Spring/Summer 2019 semester
- Program Fees paid to the Registrar’s Office via Bear Tracks
- Refund Policy: 50% of the Program Fee is refundable if cancelled by the student before class departure.
Note: For Module Program Fees and Payment #2
Note: If the program does not run due to low student enrollment or other factors, students will be reimbursed 100% of Fees.
2019 Fees (Fees subject to change)
Class enrolment is granted on a first-come, first-served basis and is normally limited to a maximum of 18 students per class.
The fees are as follows;
1) Program Fee includes:
- All courses taught by U of A instructors
2) Ground Fee includes:
- Ground Transportation
- Course field trips
- Local guides
- Course field equipment
- Safari in Kruger
3) Not Included:
- Airfare ($1100 - $2000 RT from YEG)
- Spending money
- Optional activities (local music, festival, zip-lining, additional tours by All Out Africa)
Sample 2019 fees are shown below. Fees are subject to change for the 2019 field season.
* Program fees do not include mandatory non-instructional fees. Please refer to section 22.21 in the calendar
** Ground fees are subject to change