The ALES Connect Café is a world cafe style meeting, like speed dating, with students engaging in discussion with stakeholders on a different topics yearly. Stakeholders are always a wide spectrum of participants representing ALES diversity, including ALES Academic staff, government representatives, large corporations, public advocates, government representatives, small business owners and more. This event provides ALES an opportunity to strengthen connections within the ALES community as well as engaging the wider campus and the public.
Life after ALES
January 29, 2019
5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Maple Leaf Room, Lister Hall
This year’s ALES Connect Café will connect students with various alumni to learn about "Life After ALES." This includes a spectrum of participants that have went through the same questions you're asking yourself: "where am I going?" "What am I doing?" "How do I get there?"
Each representative table host will engage and speak to students on a selected theme for three, 30 minute sessions.
Find hosts that work in an industry you're interested in, that have a similar degree, or that you think can help you answer the questions you have for your future. Each individuals journey will be unique and will surprise you!
The UAlberta Campus Map has detailed information and interior floor plans for Lister Centre.
Keynote: Chris Kallal - Director at Wild and Pine,
Top 40 under 40, BSc Forestry
5:00 Opening Comments
5:15 Key Note Address
5:30 First Table Group
6:00 Second Table Group
6:30 Third Table Group
7:00 Connecting hosts and students (gathering discoveries)
7:30 Closing Comments / Acknowledgement
- Chris Kallal - Director at Wild and Pine, Top 40 under 40, BSc Forestry
- Donald Anderson - Senior Vice President of Western Operations at Farm Credit Canada, BSc Ag
- Stephanie Bach - Project Manager at Aurora Cannabis Inc, Top 40 under 40, BSc (Hons) Molecular Genetics
- John Bocock - Co-Owner of W G Bocock & Sons Ltd, BSc Ag & MSc Rural Ec
- Reint Boleman - Agriculture Manger at CIBC, BSc Ag
- Cody Creelman - Veterinarian/Managing Partner, Agri-Health Services, BSc Animal Health
- Jean Michel Crepin - Alumni Honour Award, Founder, President & CEO (Retired) of Norwest Labs, BSc Ag Soil Science
- Melissa Daoust - Coordinator of Public Programs at Reynolds-Alberta Museum, BSc HomeEc
- Diedre Hackman - Brand Strategy, Design & Merchandising at DLH28, Partner at Permit Experts, Edmonton Chair of GroYourBiz Ltd, BSc HomeEc
- Carlene Jonson Stoklossa - Registered Dietitian, Provincial Practice Lead-Adult Obesity at Alberta Health Services, MSc Nutrition
- Jessica Kennedy - Business Lead of Office of Alumni Relations at University of Alberta, BSc Human Ecology (Textiles)
- John Kennelly - President of Global Confederation of Higher Education Associations for Agricultural and Life Sciences (GCHERA), PhD AgFood & Nutrition, Animal Science
- William Lau - CP Internations at Vitalus Technologies, BSc Nutrition
- Terry Macyk - Alumni Honour Award, First Canadian Recipient of the Reclamation Researcher of the Year, BSc Ag & MSc Soil Science
- Brooke Martens - Forest Resource Analyst at the Government of Alberta, BSc Forestry
- Christy O'Donnell - Registered Dietitian at the Grey Nuns Hospital, BSc Nutrition
- Annand Ollivierre - Program Manager at Volunteer Alberta, BSc Human Ecology
- Christine Pendlebury - Manager of Health and Nutrition at Champion Pet Foods, BSc & MSc Animal Science
- Brad Pinno - Assistant Professor - Silviculture at UAlberta, BSc For & MSc Forest Bio
- Shirley Ross - UAlberta Green & Gold Garden and Retired Researcher, BSc Med Lab Science, MSc AgFood & Nutrition (Planet Science), PhD Plant Science
- Bernhard Seifried - Director, Engineering Research & Technology and Research Scientist at Ceapro Inc., PhD Ag Food & Nutr Sci
- Lalitha Taylor - Founder & Owner of Taylor Nutrition, Alumni Horizon Award, BSc Food & Nutr Sci (Integrated Dietetic)
- Ana Ulmer Franco - Programs Veterinarian at Alberta Agriculture and Forestry, Animal Health Branch, Government of Alberta MSc & PhD Animal Science