Travel activities are highly regulated by the University and in the case of research funding, by donor/sponsor restrictions. Donor/sponsor restrictions may differ from those of the University and determine the expense qualifications or criteria. In those cases where donor/sponsor restrictions do not address a particular situation, University policy and procedures will apply.
Please refer to the University of Alberta’s policies and procedures on Travel Expense Procedure
for more detailed information on the following;
- Allowable travel expenses and payment options
- Travel advances
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Approval of travel expenses
- Financial adjustments and corrections
- Record retention
- Subsequent audit and adjustment
The following links will provide detailed instructions on How to Complete a Travel Expense Claim.