Students who have already completed a university degree but wish to pursue professional development opportunities or improve their GPA for admission to another program may apply for one or more courses that are not being taken for credit toward a degree. This is known as Special Student status.
Steps for Special Student Application
- Submit your application online.
- Submit your statement of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It must include:
- Why your are applying as a special student
- A list of desired courses
- Check your UAlberta email and BearTracks account for admission updates.
Consult the University of Alberta Academic Calendar for more on admission requirements.
Please note that there are a limited number of spaces available for Special Student applicants. Students enrolled in degree programs are given priority access to course registration.