Major in Food Business Management
Become a leader in the food business by equipping yourself with the tools needed for success in management. Take advantage of this major's range of educational opportunities:
- Develop expertise in both the science and business of the food industry.
- Gain business management skills needed to operate effectively in the industry.
- Prepare for a management career in the agri-food industry.
- Take advantage of courses within our faculty and within the Alberta School of Business.
Please note that this is not a direct-entry program. All applicants are required to complete some post-secondary pre-professional learning. Please review the admission requirements for more information.
This major's most popular course include: Introduction to Food Science & Technology, Strategic Management in Food & Resource Businesses, and Food Market Analysis.
Browse our full course listing for more options to help tailor your education to your interests. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
This program will prepare you for several management positions, including:
- Agricultural Loans Officer
- Management Consultant
- Market Research Analyst
- Food Processor Consultant
- Food Marketing Manager
- Business Development Officer
- Food Operations Manager
- Policy Analyst
- Check out UAlberta's Agriculture Career Guide for more opportunities.