Major in Family Ecology
Develop a career building families and communities with a major in family ecology. Students have the opportunity to:
- Learn about family strengths, issues and intervention techniques across the life span.
- Develop understanding and skills in areas like family relations, community development, sexuality and aging.
- Gain expertise in individual development within social, political, economic and cultural environments.
- Complete a 200-hour practicum to gain professional experience and put your knowledge to the test.
- Become a Professional Human Ecologist (P.HEc) after graduation.
Some of the most popular course in this stream include Human Sexuality, Interviewing & Counselling and Program Planning & Evaluation.
Browse the full program course listing for more options. Please visit the Faculty's course listing and descriptions for more information about each course.
With this degree, you will be able to work the industry as a:
- Child & youth eorker
- Life skills coach
- Community services manager
- Public relations professional
- Education counsellor
- International aid worker
- Check out UAlberta's Human Ecology Career Guide for more options.