Approved Program Electives (APE) must be selected according to the following directions:
- The total 100 and 200 level APEs cannot be greater than 1 course (*3).
- Any courses on this list that have already been taken/granted credit for as required program courses cannot be used as an APE.
- Students must have all prerequisites listed in the calendar before taking a course; credit may be denied for courses without the appropriate prerequisites.
- APE lists are updated annually by the Human Ecology Undergraduate Program Committee and students must use the most updated version of the list when selecting APE courses.
- Students can either choose an area of concentration and complete all APEs from one category or take any combination of courses that fits their interests/goals. Please work with an academic or student advisor to choose courses that will work best for you.
- Students are responsible for ensuring they complete any prerequisites associated with their chosen APEs.
- Students are responsible for ensuring the pace of their degree program by consulting course offering schedules regularly and planning accordingly.
- Always refer to Bear Tracks for the most up to date course information.
Peter Lougheed Leadership College (PLLC) (*12). Students interested in the PLLC must apply for this program. For more information, see https://uofa.ualberta.ca/peter-lougheed
Any course from the University of Alberta Sustainability certificate program. For more information, see http://sustainabilitycert.ualberta.ca/Certificate-Requirements