Approved Program Electives (APE) must be selected according to the following directions:
- The following courses are accepted as APEs towards your current program of study
- Any courses on this list already taken as required program courses cannot be used as APEs
- Students must have any prerequisites listed in the University of Alberta Calendar before
taking a course
- Students should always follow the most current APE list when selecting APEs
- The total 100 and 200 level APEs cannot be greater than 2 courses (*6)
- Only one field course in addition to REN R 299 may be taken as an APE
Note: Some courses offered by the Alberta School of Business have registration and year restrictions. Check BearTracks and the University Calendar for further information. Contact the
Alberta School of Business directly for registration assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is important that you have the proper prerequisites for all Business courses. The Alberta School of Business does random prerequisite checks for students registered in their courses. Any students without proper prerequisites will have their registration in that course cancelled. Business course instructors are not authorized to waive course prerequisites.
Agricultural, Life and Environmental Sciences
5 APE courses must be taken from this category of which 2 courses must be at the 400 level.
Any courses in
2 APE courses must be taken from this category.
Any courses in:
2 additional APE courses must be taken, and may be selected from Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences