Are you a newer ALES student (1st year, 2nd year, or transfer student) looking to make the most of your undergraduate experience? We offer a free peer mentorship program that is designed to enhance your leadership skills and give you hands-on opportunities to experience and explore career areas that may be of interest to you. We are currently offering program-based mentorship for students in BSc Agriculture, Agricultural & Food Business Management (Ag), Nutrition and Food Science (NuFS), and Human Ecology (HECOL) programs.
Benefits for Mentees include
- Receive individual support from an upper-year student in your program
- Be part of a motivated community of your peers
- Participate in tailor-made experiences (inspiring info sessions, professional development workshops, and meaningful group work) that are all designed to help you expand your academic and employment opportunities
- Receive special recognition from the Faculty for the leadership and other promising qualities that you demonstrate during your participation in the program
Ready to sign up? Please complete our Mentee Application and you’ll be matched with one of our trained senior-level peer mentors right away!
Are you an upper-year (3rd year and up) student in an Ag, NuFS, or HECOL program who is looking to assist newer students in their program and take their leadership experience to the next level? We are looking for motivated individuals to join our team of peer mentors. If this could be you, please refer to our ALES Mentor Description for full details and complete a Mentor Interest Form* to start your leadership journey today.
Know a student who would make a great peer mentor? Feel free to Nominate a Peer today and we’ll connect with them further about their potential interest.
*We are in the pilot stages with our Mentorship program and are currently only seeking Mentors in the Ag, NuFS & HECOL programs for 2018-2019. If you are a student in a different ALES program and would like to be a Mentor, please also fill out this application and you will be contacted about future opportunities, as we intend to develop the program faculty-wide!
Application deadline is August 26th, 2018!
ALES Apprentice Program
The Apprentice Program offers current ALES students the opportunity to take on meaningful leadership positions within the Faculty, gain professional experiences, and act as role models while helping to strengthen the ALES community.
We have 11 amazing positions available for 2018-19 in the following portfolios:
- Community Service-Learning (CSL)
- Dean’s Office
- Development & Alumni Relations
- Forest Industry Lecture Series (FILS) ~ NEW!
- International Initiatives (2)
- Mentorship Program
- Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) ~ NEW!
Apply by April 3, 2018 and and please tell your friends!
Details & Application Here
International Peer Mentorship Program
If you are an international student in the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences, you can be matched with a peer mentor to help you learn more about the Faculty, the University of Alberta, the city of Edmonton, and more!
Apply for the International Peer Program.