ALES Apprentice Program
The Apprentice Program offers current ALES students the opportunity to take on meaningful leadership positions within the Faculty, gain professional experiences, and act as role models while helping to strengthen the ALES community.
We have 11 amazing positions available for 2018-19 in the following portfolios:
- Community Service-Learning (CSL)
- Dean’s Office
- Development & Alumni Relations
- Forest Industry Lecture Series (FILS) ~ NEW!
- International Initiatives (2)
- Mentorship Program
- Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) ~ NEW!
Apply by April 3, 2018 and and please tell your friends!
Details & Application Here
International Peer Mentorship Program
If you are an international student in the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences, you can be matched with a peer mentor to help you learn more about the Faculty, the University of Alberta, the city of Edmonton, and more!
Apply for the International Peer Program.
Are you a new UAlberta student looking for mentorship? The Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences is offering a mentorship program to assist new students with their transition into university. We are currently offering program-based mentorship for first-year students entering their BSc in Agriculture and BSc Nutrition and Food Science. If September 2017 is the start of your academic career, you may want to consider being matched with one of our trained senior-level peer mentors.
Benefits for Mentees include
- Being connected to your mentor before the first day of classes.
- Receiving personal support based on degree program needs.
- Learning tips to ease your transition into university life.
- Developing a sense of belonging with the Faculty of Agricultural, Life & Environmental Sciences.
Check back in mid-March to access the mentee application form. If you would like to demonstrate any interest or have questions, please fill out the Mentee Interest Form.
If you are current Agriculture or Nutrition and Food Science student and are interested in learning about this leadership position, please see the ALES Mentor Description.
Application deadline is Sunday, February 26 11:59 MST.