HistoCore offers efficient and comprehensive histology services at competitive pricing and fast turnaround time.
- Paraffin processing, embedding, microtoming
- Cryoembedding, cryosectioning
- Slide staining: H&E, Trichrome, PAS, Alcian Blue/Fast Red, Safranin O/Fast Green, Von Kossa, Inquire about other stains
- Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Immunofluorescence (IF)
Immunohistochemistry & Immunofluorescence
Our extensive experience provides antibodies and optimizing protocols with expertise in the following areas:
- Background literature research
- Procuring antibodies
- Protocol development
- Routine IHC/IF staining (manual/automated)
- For immunostaining with existing protocols, users must provide positive control slides.
Paraffin-based/ Cryosectioning Prices
||$28 / block
||$6 / slide
| H&E staining, coverslipping
||$4 / slide
||$17 / slide
|| $17 / sample
||$7 / block
||$7 / slide
Immunohistochemistry & Immunofluorescence Pricing
||$28 / slide
| User-supplied antibodies
||$12 / slide
| Method Development (technical time)
||$60 / hour + reagents cost
Sample Drop Off Instructions
- Please review Sample Submission Guidelines and complete Histology Work Order form (available online) to be accompanied by all sample submissions
- Submit samples before 3.30pm for next work day processing Note: Cryosectioning samples must be left in -20C freezer in HistoCore lab - base molds for cryo-samples are not provided
Histology work order form. This completed form must accompany all sample submissions.
Sample submission guidelines.
Samples must be submitted before 3:30 pm for next-day processing.
Alberta Diabetes Institute
5–003 Li Ka Shing
University of Alberta
For information or booking contact:
Lynette Elder 780.492.0387 firstname.lastname@example.org
Core Director - Greg Korbutt