The Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes the truly outstanding accomplishments of living University of Alberta alumni who have earned national or international prominence as a result of their outstanding professional achievements and service to society.
1) Nomination form
2) Biographical summary (500 words or less) of the nominee’s extraordinary achievements or service to society, including education, career, community service, and connection to the University of Alberta.
When preparing this summary, consider the following questions:
- In what ways are the nominee’s achievements exceptional — why do they merit the Alumni Association’s highest honour?
- How has the nominee contributed to society and/or served the community?
- In what ways can the nominee be considered an inspiration to current students?
- How does the nominee demonstrate the U of A’s promise of “for the public good”?
3) Attach a minimum of three letters of support to support this nomination. The nominator may also serve as a supporter for Distinguished Alumni Award nominations.