The Alumni Innovation Award recognizes University of Alberta alumni that have significantly impacted their profession, community, the U of A, or society at large by developing an innovative program, process or product. The award is open to individuals or teams, so long as the more than half of the team are U of A alumni.
A maximum of 3 Alumni Innovation Awards are presented each year to an alumnus or group of alumni.
To nominate a group or individual for an Innovation Award:
- Provide a brief (500 words or less) summary of the group or individual's innovative program, process or product describing:
- The significance of the innovation to discipline or profession
- The lasting impact of the innovation, or the potential for lasting impact
- The innovation's connection to the University of Alberta
- How the innovation is an inspiration to current students
- Attach a minimum of two letters of support in support of this nomination and include the name(s) of the supporters(s) on the nomination form. The supporter must be someone other than the nominator.