A credit card you can take pride in – designed for University of Alberta Alumni
Support your alma mater and show your school pride with a customized University of Alberta MasterCard® credit card. Each time you make an eligible purchase, MBNA contributes a portion of funds back to the University of Alberta Alumni association in support of alumni and student initiatives.
Choose the MasterCard® credit card that fits your lifestyle. Whether you're looking for a credit card with a flexible and easy to understand rewards program, or a credit card with a low annual interest rate, MBNA has you covered.
University of Alberta MBNA Rewards MasterCard® credit card
Earn MBNA Rewards points to redeem for the rewards that you want
- Earn 1 MBNA Rewards point‡ for every $1 in eligible purchases
- 1,000 bonus points†† ($10 cash back value) after your first eligible purchase
- Redeem points‡ for cash back, travel, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from top retailers, or choose to make a charitable donation.
- Save on interest with a low promotional annual interest rate (AIR)† of 1.99% on balance transfers✪ for the first 10 full months
- No annual fee
University of Alberta Platinum Plus MasterCard® credit card
You could save on interest with this low-rate credit card.
- 0% promotional annual interest rate (AIR) † on balance transfers✪ for the first 10 full months
- Low Standard AIR of 16.99% on purchases, a 18.99% Standard AIR on balance transfers and access cheques, and a 24.99% Standard AIR on cash advances
- No annual fee
Plus, as a cardholder you are protected by some of the following MasterCard® embedded benefits:
- Rental Vehicle Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Benefits**
- Purchase Assurance**- Covers eligible items purchased with your MBNA credit card for the first 90 days from the date of purchase
- Extended Warranty Benefits**- Doubles eligible warranties for up to one additional year on eligible purchases made with your MBNA credit card
- Along with some other travel services* - Lost Document and Ticket Replacement, Lost Luggage Assistance, Legal Referral Assistance
†Promotional AIR offers remain subject to: (i) your MBNA credit card account being in good standing during the promotional period, and (ii) your financial status not having changed since the date we initially determined that your account was eligible for a promotional AIR. The promotional AIR will increase at the end of the promotional AIR period or if you are late making any minimum payment, and any remaining balances will become subject to the applicable standard AIR.
✪ Balance transfers and access cheques must be repaid and otherwise dealt with according to the terms of your Account Agreement and are subject to credit availability. Balance transfers and access cheques cannot be used for repayment of any account established or maintained by MBNA or its affiliates. A transaction fee may apply. See your Account Agreement for full details.
‡ These are highlights of the credit card rewards program (the “Program”) associated with this credit card account. Points will be awarded on eligible transactions charged to your account as set out in the Program terms and conditions. Complete terms and conditions describing Program eligibility, accrual and redemption of points, and other important conditions, limitations and restrictions will be sent after your account is opened. Please read the terms and conditions carefully upon receipt.
†† To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. The account must be used for at least one eligible transaction that is not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request or otherwise disputed. Please allow 8–10 weeks from the transaction date for bonus points to be posted to your points account. Limit one-time bonus point offer (no cash value) per new account. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice.
** Underwritten by Allianz Global Risks US Insurance Company (Canadian Branch). Details of insurance benefits, including terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card
*Provided by our administrator under a service agreement with The Toronto-Dominion Bank. This is not an insurance benefit but assistance services only, the details of which are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with your card
The Toronto-Dominion Bank is the issuer of this credit card. MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank. All trade-marks are the property of their respective owners.
® MBNA and other trade-marks are the property of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.