Which classes are planning a reunion in 2019?
A list of reunion classes is available by clicking here. If you are interested in becoming a class organizer, or if you have more information for us to add to the list of reunion classes, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-492-1835.
What is a Class Organizer?
Class Organizers are volunteers who make Alumni Weekend a success by encouraging their classmates to join in the fun! Class Organizers:
- Are the contact person for their class
- Encourage classmates to attend Alumni Weekend
- Are liaisons with the Office of Alumni Relations and/or their Faculty
- Help make decisions about how their class will be involved
What do I do as a Class Organizer?
The role of Class Organizer can take very little time and effort — unless you choose otherwise. We ask that Class Organizers do at least the following:
- Attend at least one function during Alumni Weekend
- Write up to three letters that we will then mail to your classmates
- Let us know of any address changes for your classmates
- Encourage your classmates to come celebrate
What does the Office of Alumni Relations do for my reunion?
The Office of Alumni Relations will provide Class Organizers with information, ideas, and support. To help make your reunion a success, Alumni Relations will:
- Hold information session on planning your reunion
- Provide you with three letter templates of invitation to write to your classmates
- Copy and mail out up to three letters to inform your classmates of reunion activities
- Provide you with updated class lists
- Coordinate Alumni Weekend registration and distribute registration packages
- Organize campus wide events
- Work with faculties to coordinate events
- Advertise and promote Alumni Weekend
- Arrange for your group to sit together at Alumni Relations organized events (e.g. Golden Grads Dinner)
- Provide advice on class projects (e.g. Bio Books and Class Gifts)
- Allow you access to office equipment (e.g. telephones and fax machine)
What else can I do in my role as Class Organizer?
There are lots of other things you can do as Class Organizer. Some organizers choose to take on special projects such as:
- Recruit a class historian to collect anecdotes and put together a biography book (start early and beware the cost!)
- Private get-togethers, such as a lunch, pub night, golf tourney or BBQ
- Create a class website or Facebook page where classmates can share memories and photos
- Use your reunion as an opportunity to coordinate a class gift to leave a legacy from your class (e.g. donation to support student scholarships)
- Inviting former professors to join the reunion
- Recruit another classmate (or several!) to be an Class Organizer with you
- Gather a group of classmates to participate in a letter writing or phoning campaign
- Create custom letters that are unique for your classmates
- Encourage classmates to update their contact information with our record department at 780-492-3471, 1-866-492-7516, or email@example.com
What if I plan my reunion outside of Alumni Weekend?
A Class Reunion need not be held during Alumni Weekend. If you are interested in planning a reunion for another time of the year, Alumni Relations can assist you in your planning. We will provide you with the same services we provide to those planning their reunion during Alumni Weekend.
How do I become a Class Organizer?
If you are interested in becoming a Class Organizer, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-492-1835.
To download a copy of the Class Organizer Handbook, containing a wealth of information and resources for class organizers, please click here.