Help us stock the shelves of the Campus Food Bank through the annual Trick-or-trEAT Food Drive. In 2017, 175 volunteers helped to collect 5,000 lbs of food — that’s almost 20 per cent of the Campus Food Bank’s annual need!
This year, there are two ways you can help this Halloween-themed food drive:
1. Make a Food Donation at an Alumni-Owned Business | Oct. 10-31
From Oct. 10-31, drop off a food and/or toiletry donation for the Campus Food Bank at a Trick-or-trEAT collection point, generously hosted by UAlberta alumni-owned businesses in Edmonton and area. Check out the list of most-needed items.
10991 124 Street, Edmonton, AB
Hours: Tues. - Sat.: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Otto Food and Drink
11405 95 Street, Edmonton, AB
Hours: Daily: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Southgate Centre, #726, 5015 111 Street, Edmonton, AB
Hours: Mon. - Fri.: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m., Sat: 9:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sun: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Love Pizza - Downtown
10196 109 Street, Edmonton, AB
Hours: Daily: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Love Pizza - St. Albert
#335, 935 St. Albert Trail, St. Albert, AB
Hours: Sun. - Thurs.: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m., Fri. - Sat.: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Rumor Skate & Snow
#4, 5204 50 Street, Leduc, AB
Hours: Mon. - Tues.: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Weds. - Fri.: 10 a.m. - 9 p.m., Sat.: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sun.: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
University of Alberta Office of Alumni Relations
1-050 Enterprise Square
10230 Jasper Ave., Edmonton, AB
Hours: Mon. - Fri.: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
2. Volunteer for the Trick-or-trEAT Food Drive Event | Oct. 27, 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Volunteer your time to the Trick-or-trEAT collection event. Collect food donations from residents in the neighbourhoods of Garneau, Windsor Park, Belgravia, Queen Alexandra and McKernan.
Benefits to you:
- Sign up as an individual, a group or a family
- Interact with students, alumni, fellow volunteers and Campus Food Bank staff
- Contribute to the meaningful work of the Campus Food Bank
- Access to our volunteer perks, which includes our new Bookstore Bucks reward program, fun giveaways, free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials and more
- Courteous, friendly and respectful demeanour
- Dependability and commitment
- Costumes are encouraged
- Door-to-Door Volunteer: Responsible for the collection of donations from house to house, you will be placed into a group of five and given a route to complete. There will be a number of drivers travelling the routes by vehicle to retrieve collected donations from you (see below). You will be provided the contact information of drivers should you need assistance getting to or from your route. This role is for group and individual registrants.
- Drivers: Drivers will use their personal vehicles to drive neighbourhood routes assigned to them. They will relieve door-to-door volunteers of their donation packages and transport volunteers to and from neighbourhood routes. This role will include two individuals per vehicle, one driver and one navigator/contact. This role is for group and individual registrants who will work in teams of two. There is a strong need for volunteers in this position.
- Flyer Distributor: Flyer distributors will be contacted at least one week prior to the event day to distribute informational flyers to homes along the various neighbourhood routes used during the event. Although the work of this role takes place prior to the actual event, distributors are essential to the overall success of the food drive. For individual registrants.
Oct. 27, 2018
12 p.m. - 6 p.m.