This volunteer opportunity is organized through our campus partner: Office of the Registrar.
Open House is the most exciting day of the year to come to campus, and the best way for prospective students to discover everything the University of Alberta has to offer.
The Office of the Registrar has partnered with Red Arrow to provide ebuses from Calgary to bring prospective students to Open House in Edmonton on Saturday, October 20, 2018. We're looking for some alumni volunteers to meet our Student Recruiters at the Calgary Centre early in the morning to welcome guests, ride with the guests to Edmonton and answer general Open House questions on the bus, and ride back with the guests to Calgary.
Benefits for you:
- Interact with prospective students and their parents
- a $200 gift card to the location of your choice!
- Free time in Edmonton to visit with family/friends
- Access to our volunteer perks, which includes our new Bookstore Bucks reward program, fun giveaways, free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials and more
- Interest in connecting with prospective students and advocating for the University of Alberta
- Dependable and reliable
- 6:15 a.m.: Arrive at Calgary Centre (333 5 Ave SW) and meet the Student Recruiter to help check-in guests.
- 7 a.m.: Bus departs. Ride bus along with guests to Edmonton and answer general questions about Open House.
- 10 a.m.: Bus arrives at the University of Alberta.
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Help out at Open House on campus or enjoy some downtime in Edmonton to visit with family or friends.
- 2:15 p.m.: Assist Office of the Registrar staff with checking-in guests as they arrive.
- 3 p.m.: Bus departs from the University of Alberta. Ride back to Calgary along with guests.
- 6 p.m.: Bus arrives at U of A Calgary Centre.
Date & Time
- Saturday, October 20, 2018
- 6:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- U of A Calgary Centre to Butterdome, Edmonton, to U of A Calgary Centre
If you are interested in this opportunity or have any questions, please email Lauren Baril at email@example.com.
Team Lead, Student Engagement and Partnerships
Office of the Registrar