This volunteer opportunity is organized through our campus partner: Dino Lab.
Every summer we collect new and exciting fossils, and we need your help to get everything cleaned up and ready for research. Volunteers remove the encasing rock that surrounds the fossil bones using small tools such as dental picks and brushes. Then glue any broken bones back together.
When you volunteer with the DinoLab, you are directly contributing to scientific research. The fossils you help prepare are being studied by professors, graduate and undergraduate students, as well as visiting researchers from around the world. Volunteering with us is a great way to learn more about palaeontology, spend some time with real dinosaur bones and participate in the process of science.
Two opportunities to volunteer:
- Mondays through Thursdays
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Biological Sciences Zoology Wing, 4th floor Room Z-423
- Contact: Greg Funston 780-492-1252 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mondays through Fridays
- Drop in: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Biological Sciences Centre Wing CW-004 (Basement)
- Contact: Clive Coy 780-492-9366 or email@example.com
For more information or to indicate your interest in volunteering, please contact either Greg or Clive.