This volunter opportunity is hosted by the U of A Career Centre at the University of Alberta, a student service and the source for career and employment information and expertise. Learn more about job shadowing here.
Do you remember the stress and anxiety you felt when you had to choose a career? Help reduce those feelings for the next generation of professionals and be the mentor you had (or wish you had) by becoming a Job Shadow Host for the Winter Job Shadow Week, February 19 - 22, 2019. You're invited to share a day-in-the-life of your work, share your career story or offer a tour of your workplace. Engage your colleagues and enjoy a day full of energy and excitement as a student, alumnus or post doctoral fellow learns about your career.
Watch this video to learn even more about the job shadow experience:
Benefits for you:
- Develop your personal leadership skills
- Gain supervisory experience and self-confidence
- Provide new professionals with the support you had (or wish you had) when you first started working
- Flexible time committment (volunteer as a Host only on days and at times that work with your daily schedule)
- Any individual who works in Edmonton, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Sherwood Park, Leduc and Camrose may volunteer to host a job shadowing experience for U of A students and alumni
- Hosts will need to be available at least one day during the job shadow week
- Note: we cannot guarantee that every host will be matched
- Share your expectations with participant(s)
- Provide meaningful activities for your participant(s)
- Provide a safe learning environment for your participant(s)
- Spend 1-2 hours planning activities and preparing an itinerary for the day(s) you are hosting
Deadline to register: Monday, January 7, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Amy Roy Gratton
Career Education Coordinator
Career Centre, University of Alberta