This volunter opportunity is being offered by our campus partners: the Peter Lougheed Leadership College at the University of Alberta.
The Peter Lougheed Leadership College (PLLC) Lecture Series offers all U of A students and members of the public the opportunity to hear from some of today’s most inspirational, influential, and innovative visiting scholars and practitioners of leadership. These free evening sessions are held throughout the fall and winter terms and have featured guests including Shawna Pandya, Todd Babiak, Kim Katrin and Tiq Milan, Mark Tewksbury, and more. This series is a part of our Topics in Leadership course; therefore, attendance is required for first-year students in the certificate program. Volunteers are needed at each lecture to help greet guests, take tickets and to help with set-up/tear-down.
Benefits for you:
- All volunteers will have a reserved seat to enjoy the lecture
- Interact with students, fellow volunteers and PLLC staff
- Contribute to the meaningful work the PLLC does on campus
- Access to our volunteer perks, which includes free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials, professional development opportunities and our new Bookstore Bucks incentive program
- Parking on campus for your shift will be provided, if needed
- Dependable and committed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Courteous, friendly and respectful
- There will be light to heavy lifting involved during set-up
- Set-up: staging tables, preparing water for speakers, setting stage, etc.
- Lecture Registration: volunteers will be provided with iPads to scan Eventbrite tickets and usher audience members to correctly fill the auditorium
- Ushering: greeting guests upon arrival and directing them to open seats
- Take-down: ensuring the lecture theatre is cleaned and set to original condition
Tory Lecture Hall
University of Alberta, North Campus
- 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Training Session (to be completed on your first shift only)
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. Set-up and ushering
- 6 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Enjoy the lecture!
- 7:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Take-down
Lecture Dates (Topics & Speakers TBA):
- October 15, 2018
- October 29, 2018
- November 19, 2018
- January 28, 2019
- February 11, 2019
- March 4, 2019
Office of Alumni Relations