This volunteer opportunity is organized through our campus partners: Residence Services.
This August 27, 2018, thousands of students from across the world will be moving into residences at the University of Alberta, and we want you to be a part of the experience! Residence Services is putting out a call for volunteer support to assist with residence move-in 2018. Volunteers are needed in both Lister Centre and our East Campus residences and will be assigned one of 9 roles designed to make the Move-In process smooth, fun, and welcoming for our new students!
Benefits for you:
- Be one of the first to welcome first-year students to their new home
- Reduce the stress of move-in day by lending a helping hand
- Be a part of the excitement that is the start of a new school year
- Have a tangible impact on the Residence community
- Interact with students, staff and fellow volunteers
- All volunteers will receive a token of appreciation from Residence Services upon completion of their shift
- Access to our volunteer perks, which include free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials and professional development opportunities
- No previous experience required - training will be provided to all roles.
There are nine roles that need to be filled in order to have a successful move-in day.
- Floating: You’re willing to be flexible and help where needed
- Elevator Operator: You don't mind small talk
- Greeter: You are cheery
- Key Distribution: You have strong attention to detail
- Key Form Pick Up: You're good at passing along instructions
- Orientation Booth: You like giving things away
- Cart & Luggage Distribution: You are organized and don't mind a bit of responsibility
- Parking Greeter: You want to be the first happy face incoming residents see
- Surveyor: You don't mind approaching people
Date & Time
- Monday, August 27, 2018
- Shift One: 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Shift Two: 11:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Shift Three: 2:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Lister Centre, University of Alberta North Campus (Map
or East Campus Village, University of Alberta North Campus (Map
Residence Engagement & Events Intern