Student Accessibility Services (SAS) offers exam accommodations to ensure that students with accessibility needs have the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of the material tested by an exam. These accommodations include additional time, scribes, computers, special lighting, ergonomic seating and much more. Last year, volunteers helped SAS provide support for approximately 600 students who wrote 1784 exams with over 5500 different accommodation needs.
SAS is looking for friendly volunteers to help them during April's busy final exam period.
Benefits for you:
- Interact with students, fellow volunteers and SAS staff
- Contribute to the meaningful work Student Accessibility Services does on campus
- Be a friendly face for students during a very stressful time
- Access to our volunteer perks, which include free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to commit for just one shift or many
- Dependable and committed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Courteous, friendly and respectful
- Due to the nature of this volunteer opportunity, it is restricted to Alumni and Staff/Faculty only
- Read a volunteer package beforehand to learn all responsibilities
- Greet and check-in students as they arrive
- Manage line-ups and ensure students are ready to enter the exam rooms as silently as possible in order to minimize distractions
- Keep doors to the exam room closed after exam starts - no free flow access
- Deliver exams to other examination locations on campus
- Read and sign a confidentially agreement
Shift Dates and Times:
Daily (except Sundays): April 16 to 28, 2018
- 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Student Accessibility Services Exam Accommodation Office
215 Central Academic Building (CAB)
UAlberta North Campus
Office of Alumni Relations