Accessibility Resources (AR) offers exam accommodations to ensure that students with accessibility needs have the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of the material tested by an exam. These accommodations include additional time, scribes, computers, special lighting, ergonomic seating and much more. Last year, volunteers helped AR provide support for approximately 1,300 students who wrote 3,400 final exams!
AR is looking for friendly volunteers to help them during April's busy final exam period.
Benefits for you:
- Interact with students, fellow volunteers and AR staff
- Contribute to the meaningful work Accessibility Resources does on campus
- Be a friendly face for students during a very stressful time
- Access to our volunteer perks, which include free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to commit for just one shift or many
- Dependable and committed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Courteous, friendly and respectful
- Due to the nature of this volunteer opportunity, it is restricted to Alumni and Staff/Faculty only
- The University of Alberta Alumni Association is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment. Please reach out to us if you require any special accommodations to volunteer in this program.
- Read a volunteer package beforehand to learn all responsibilities
- Greet and check-in students as they arrive
- Manage line-ups and ensure students are ready to enter the exam rooms as silently as possible in order to minimize distractions
- Keep doors to the exam room closed after exam starts - no free flow access
- Deliver exams to other examination locations on campus
- Read and sign a confidentially agreement
Shift Dates and Times:
Daily (except Sundays): April 12 - 26, 2019
- 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Accessibility Resources Exam Accommodation Office
215 Central Academic Building (CAB)
UAlberta North Campus
Office of Alumni Relations