Unwind Your Mind is a mental health initiative put on by the Healthy Campus Unit which supports students during the exam season every semester. The program fosters student connection to one another, promotes strategies to de-stress and brings resources to where students study. Activities include: fitness classes, healthy snack handouts, wisdom corners and resource stations.
You can help students stay energized during those long study sessions in the library! Alumni Volunteers join up with the University Healthy Campus Unit to deliver free healthy snacks, as well as hot chocolate from a jet pack, around the libraries on campus. Last year, we helped distribute over 6000 snacks, smiles and good luck wishes to students during the event!
Benefits for you:
- Interact with students, fellow volunteers and Healthy Campus Unit staff
- Contribute to the meaningful work the Healthy Campus Unit does on campus
- Be a friendly face for students during a very stressful time
- Access to our volunteer perks, which include free tickets to select alumni events, volunteer socials and professional development opportunities
- Flexibility to commit for just one shift or many
- Dependable and committed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Courteous, friendly and respectful
- The University of Alberta Alumni Association is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive environment. Please reach out to us if you require any special accommodations to volunteer in this program.
- Meet Unwind Your Mind Facilitator at assigned location
- Greet and interact with students
- Deliver healthy snacks or hot chocolate to students studying on campus
Shift Dates and Times:
- Wednesday, December 5, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. (Hot Chocolate Giveaways)
- Tuesday, December 11, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Healthy Snack Handouts)
- Wednesday, December 12, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Healthy Snack Handouts)
- Thursday, December 13, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Healthy Snack Handouts)
Office of Alumni Relations