This volunteer opportunity is organized through our faculty partner: UAlberta International
The President’s Award provides financial support to five new students for the upcoming academic year. These male and female students are coming to us through WUSC directly from asylum countries, such as Syria, Somalia, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. We want to ensure these students feel welcome and have our support as they settle into life on campus and our city.
Read about one of our previous students and the volunteers who supported him.
Benefits for you:
- Be a friendly face for students new to Canada
- Volunteers must be available to attend two training sessions on Monday, June 18 and Monday, June 25, from 5pm to 9pm
- Welcome students at the airport
- Help students settle into campus and community life
- Provide social support
- Volunteers must commit their time for one year with the expectation of being in touch with a student a minimum of two times a month. Volunteers are also expected to attend a student dinner or an activity two times per term.