Faculty of Medicine
Alberta Health Services:
CMA - Addressing gender equity and diversity in Canada’s medical profession: A review
1. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Science and Technology: Action Grid PDF and original link
2. Sponsorship is more active traditional mentoring, with a strong focus on advocacy. Sponsors actively advocate for the person they are sponsoring with the sponsor’s peers and superiors; connecting the person sponsored to important people and opportunities; and provide cover for them to take risks and pursue learning opportunities.
Mentorship Is Not Enough: Exploring Sponsorship and Its Role in Career Advancement in Academic Medicine. Ayyala, Manasa S. MD; Skarupski, Kimberly PhD, MPH; Bodurtha, Joann N. MD,MPH; Gonzalez-Fernandez, Marlis MD, PhD; Ishii, Lisa E. MD, MHS; Fivush, BarbaraMD; Levine, Rachel B. MD, MPH.
3. Faculty Development
4. Train/Rounds about diversity, inclusion and unconscious bias.
5. Avoiding unconscious bias - A guide for surgeons
6. Best Practices for Hiring
7. Implicit Association Test