Our department is fortunate to have several internationally known researchers. Generally, our research focuses in the areas of pain, cardiovascular and regional anesthesia. More specifically, some faculty research interests include:
- Mechanisms of myocardial protection
- Stem cells and Anesthetics
- Genetics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, and Metabolomics
- Cardiovascular pharmacology
- Applied pharmacology of local anesthetic agents
- Blood and blood substitutes
- Innovative methods of acute and chronic pain management
- Population-based outcome studies
The Pain Interest Group consists of researchers with either a basic science or clinical background. This group was founded with a goal of strengthening the collaboration between the two fields in addition to increasing the knowledge of pain-related topics.
The Pain Interest Group has developed Lunch and Learn sessions which occur several times a year and cover various pain-related topics highlighting research findings from a basic science approach and clinical observations. Lunch and Learn sessions will be posted once scheduled.