Spring and Summer Classes
ART, DES and ART H Spring and Summer classes are open to online registration for all continuing degree students. Registration for Spring and Summer classes is available in February, usually by 7am on the Friday prior to Reading Week. Since these courses are open to online registration we don’t keep waiting lists; if the class you want is full, please put the class you want on your watchlist.
However, if you have transfer credit for the prerequisite classes, the registration system will not recognize this, and you will need help with registration. If this is your situation please contact Caitlin Wells (firstname.lastname@example.org) sometime in January.
Fall and Winter Term Registration Procedures
The Undergraduate Advisor will email all continuing BFA and BDES students when it is time to start preparing for advance registration. This will generally occur in mid Winter.
- Program Checklist
We are no longer preparing copies of program checklists for all students because the majority of them are not claimed! If you can't find your copy from last year, you can email Caitlin to arrange to pick up a copy. You can also prepare your own by downloading a blank program checklist from the webpage for your degree, and comparing that with your transcript (downloadable through your Bear Tracks account.) Transfer students received an emailed program checklist at the time of their admission.
- Attend planning workshop
For 2016/2017 we are planning to offer course planning workshops in early March. You will be invited to bring your laptop or other device in order to prepare for registration with other students from your year/route.
- Prepare for registration
- Assess your program checklist to determine which courses you need for fall/winter.
- Remember, you need a minimum of *24 course weights (i.e. 4 courses in fall and 4 courses in winter) if you are a continuing student. Use your ‘Schedule Builder’ feature on your Bear Tracks to plan your time table.
- If this is your final year and you do not have *24 to complete, you would only take the remaining courses you need even if they total fewer than *24.
- Register yourself!
After you meet with the Undergraduate Advisor for time table approval, you will be able to register yourself in your options and 200-level ART H courses online starting on your enrollment date. This date will be available in your Bear Tracks. Remember! Your schedule builder is just a tool for you to visualize your courses; you must actually enroll yourself in your selected courses on or after your enrollment date. To be sure you have done this correctly, please check "my class schedule"!
You will have until April 30 to register. After this date, the registration system will be closed to BFA and BDES students for all studio classes. If you wish to make changes after April 30th, you will no longer have priority for the classes and/or sections of the courses you need for your program.
Please note: Students are required to have a minimum grade of B- (2.7) averaged between the relevant prerequisite course in order to proceed to the next level.
- You need at least 2.7 averaged between ART 136 and DES 138 or ART 137 and DES 139 to proceed to all other studios.
- You need at least 2.7 averaged between DES 393 and DES 394 to proceed to 400-level VCD courses.
- You need at least 2.7 in ART 422 to proceed to ART 522.