Jane Potentier, Assistant Dean, Advancement
Education & Career Highlights:
B.Sc. Modern Languages, Aston University, Birmingham, UK
Diploma in Law, Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames, UK
Diploma in Direct Marketing, London, UK
I enjoyed an 11 year career in fundraising for UK charities before moving to Canada in 2001.
I have worked at the University of Alberta since January 2002 in a variety of progressively senior advancement roles.
Certified Fundraising Executive
- The Director of Advancement participates in the creation and elaboration of relationship building, fundraising strategies, and coordinates contacts between the University community and alumni and donors of the Faculty.
- Works collaboratively with the Dean and other academic leaders and the Office of Advancement to build and advance strong personal and professional relationships that result in philanthropic contributions from alumni and friends.
- Works with the Dean of Arts and other faculty leaders to develop appropriate fundraising priorities for the Faculty.
Personal Interests & Hobbies:
Favorite TV shows/movies:
- Watching sport – soccer, tennis, and hockey.
- Reading – mostly crime fiction.
- Theatre and film.
- Current affairs and social media.
- Mad Men, The Walking Dead, The Killing (TV)
- Betty Blue, The Player, A Perfect World (Movies)
Favourite Musical Artists:
I love music! Current playlist: kd Lang, Keith Urban, Lindi Ortega, Heartless Bastards
“The best things in life aren’t things” Art Buchwald