Allen Ball, Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning)
Education & Career Highlights:
- Camberwell School of Arts and Crafts First Class B. A. (Honours) Degree in Fine Art - Painting, with a Commendation in Printmaking, Camberwell School of Arts and Crafts
- Master of Visual Arts - Painting, University of Alberta supported by a Commonwealth Scholarship
- Official Canadian War Artist with Canadian Forces Operation Calumet in the Sinai Peninsula
- Scholar in Residence for Arts Research in Nanotechnology (SRARN) at the National Institute for Nanotechnology
Responsibilities as Associate Dean (Student Programs):
As the senior administrator for undergraduate teaching and Learning initiatives, the Associate Dean (Teaching and Learning) is accountable for:
Personal Interests and Hobbies:
- Development and implementation of faculty-wide initiatives to enrich the learning experiences of undergraduate students (e.g., experiential learning; honors programs; study abroad, Arts Work Experience, eHUB Creative).
- Liaising between the Faculty, Departments, and Central Administration regarding teaching awards and nominations.
- Allocation of budgeted funds to undergraduate Arts students and group for extra-curricular student life enrichment activities through the Student Life and Learning Enrichment Fund (SLLEF).
- Arsenal Football Club
- The English Football Association
- Paint pictures
- Visiting art galleries and museums
Favourite TV shows/Movies:
- Breaking Bad
- The Big Lebowski
- Withnail and I
Favourite Musical Artists:
Too many to list but pretty much anything played on BBC Radio 6.
“You can observe a lot just by watching.” – Yogi Berra