1. Guaranteed Entrance Award ($1750)
Students who have completed *24 credits and who have a GPA of a least 2.7 are guaranteed funding of $1750 per student for the Winter 2020 program. Eligible students who apply for the Cortona Winter School will automatically receive the award. To be eligible you must:
- be registered as a full-time student in a University of Alberta degree program,
- ave a minimum GPA of at least 2.7 in the last two completed terms (including Spring/Summer courses).We will be looking for a minimum of *24 credits and will be calculating your GPA based on Fall 2018, Winter 2019 and any Spring/Summer courses in 2019.
Students participating in the Cortona Winter School may apply for two awards:
2. The Ernesto Rizzi Memorial Award ($1000)
Awarded to students with satisfactory academic standing enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree who have been accepted into the School in Cortona, Italy program through the Faculty of Arts. Selection is based on academic standing and demonstrated leadership in University and/or community activities.
3. The Fogolâr Furlan D’Edmonton Award ( Variable up to $1400).
Awarded to students with satisfactory academic standing enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree who have been accepted into the School in Cortona, Italy, program through the Faculty of Arts. Selection is based on academic standing and demonstrated leadership in community, university and/or extra-curricular activities.
How to apply:
Once students are accepted into the Winter School in Cortona they will have access to the application for both awards. The award adjudication will take place in October and the award will be applied to the tuition account of the successful applicants in the Winter Semester.
Please see the University of Alberta International, Education Abroad Program for details about how to apply for the Education Abroad Individual Award
Disclaimer: Please note that awards are subject to the availability of funding and may differ in value and availability per academic year. To find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canadian students who are attending the School in Cortona are eligible for student loans. Some tips on the student loan process:
- Start your government student loan application early! Once you are registered in your School in Cortona courses, you can start your Alberta Student Loan application. You can apply online through https://studentaid.alberta.ca/
- Complete the full-time loan application. You will identify University of Alberta as the home institution.
- After you submit your online application, you will need to complete a special form called a Schedule 3 along with supporting documents. You will only need to complete Part 2 of Schedule 3.
- You will need to include a letter from the University of Alberta (or the international institution) that details the start/end dates, tuition and fees of your program. Your program advisor from University of Alberta International can provide this letter. If you know your airfare costs, you can include them on Part 2 of Schedule 3. No receipts are needed for the airfare estimate.
- Upload Schedule 3 and supporting documentation to your Alberta Student Aid-My Loan account using the ‘upload electronic document’ feature.
You will only be able to submit these documents after you have submitted a full time application.
If you have any questions about your student loan, contact Student Connect